Well, it only took several months, but I finally finished the quilt for Bug. I was hoping to finish it prior to moving her into the big girl bed, but she really needed to get out of that crib. Thankfully, she was a champ and made the transition with a less than stellar blanket. A week later when I finished the quilt and placed it on her bed, the smile on her face made all the late nights worth it.
I brought the lovely border print around to the back of the quilt, it is such a little detail, but I love how it turned out.
The quilting pattern was a bit challenging at first (especially since I have never done it before), but after a while I was doing those loops and corners with ease. I love the flowers on the white blocks, even though they were a pain to sew and don’t show up without a closer look.
I found the pattern here, and feel in love with the Holly Holderman fabric, so it came out very similar. I have another flower quilt in the making for Peanut, but I don’t think it will get finished until after the holidays. Until then, she is happy using my old quilt.